An Unexpected Trip
In September, we had an unexpected surprise when we
experienced some complications during my pregnancy. Fortunately, our company
takes very good care of us – and was quick to get us to Johannesburg, South
Africa for good medical care. As it takes several days to travel to SA from
Tulear (at best), our medical team arranged for a medical evacuation that got
us to the hospital within 24 hours. We were incredibly well cared for- by our
organization, team, and medical caregivers.
![]() |
| On the Plane to SA |
Once in South Africa, I was admitted to the hospital for a
few days. The doctor put me on some meds and gave me steroid injections to
help the baby’s lungs develop a little quicker. After a few days of monitoring,
I was sent “home” and told I needed to wait out the rest of my pregnancy here
in South Africa. I definitely wasn’t expecting to spend such a long time here,
and being a home body, I have to admit it took quite an emotional adjustment.
![]() |
| Our Sweet New Baby Boy! |
Fortunately, we have been surrounded by an amazing group of
colleagues who have gone above and beyond to love on, encourage, and support
our family during this time. My mom, who was already planning to come at a
later time, shifted her plane ticket to arrive MUCH earlier. This has not only
helped with the difficulty of keeping up with three boys and a crazy house, but
also allowed for Grant to return to Madagascar for three weeks to continue
ministry.
| Mom and I |
Now that November is here, we are in the final stretch. I am
36 weeks pregnant, with 4 weeks to go. And as two of my three boys came very early,
we wouldn’t be surprised if this baby came any day now. Until then, I am going
to try to enjoy a few more weeks of beautiful weather, time with my mom, and
nights where I can still sleep!
![]() |
| Glad to Have Grant Back for the Final Stretch! |



Comments