After the Southbridge team's trip, I headed off on a grand adventure. I flew back (with the team) to America for my sweet friend, Anna's wedding. Anna served with us here in Madagascar for six months, and during that time became a little sister to me. Since then, we have grown closer and closer. I couldn't have been more thrilled to be able to return back to America for her special day. And I have to admit, it was pretty exciting to go on my first big vacation alone since having all these precious boys. Grant went above and beyond during this time - he did a wonderful job taking care of the three kids and making sure I felt at peace and guilt free during the trip.
 |
| When the cat is away the mice will play... |
 |
| Tessa and I rewarding ourselves after LONG trip back to US! |
I spent the first few days in a jet-lag stupor catching up with Anna. I cannot tell you how exciting it was to get to hug this girl (despite it being just a few months since I last saw her)! I don't have any pictures of this time...just know it was mostly spent with me lying in bed with a massive migraine and Anna taking care of me. There was definitely some waffles, movies, and coffee mixed in there!
 |
| My sweet Mom and me!! |
From there, I flew down to Florida and spent a few days with my mom and dad. Without any kids to chase around, we were able to get in some sweet, quality time together. My mom and I flew up to Iowa for the weekend to visit my Grandma. Aside from nearly freezing to death, it was an unforgettable trip. My brother drove up from Missouri to surprise me for my birthday. Then my mom and I spent the rest of the weekend driving around to all of her old childhood homes. What memories!
 |
| My birthday at the Melting Pot |
 |
| My Grandma and Me |
 |
| My big brother, Jeremiah |
 |
| My Aunt Linda and me at the original Maid-Rite in Marshalltown, IA |
Then, I was off to North Carolina again for Anna's big day. It was an incredible weekend. I cherished every minute with this amazing girl, who has taught me so much about the Lord, friendship, and living life with purpose...and she plans a killer wedding!
 |
| The big day! |
 |
| Love this girl! |
Then, it was off to Madagascar again. Waiting for me was the best gift of all - my sweet boys...who missed me almost as much as I missed them!
Comments