Family Trip to Mahafaly Land!

Last week, we were able to make a family trip out to Mahafaly land.  I have been looking forward to this opportunity for a while, since its been so long since we have gone to the bush as a family.  Grant spends so much of his time there, and I desperately want to be able to connect with the people God has called us to reach.

I had also been nervous about it.  The truth is, taking a one, three, and seven year old out to the bush isn't nearly as easy as it sounds, or anything like what I always picture it in my head to be like.  In my mind, I picture the sweet little missionary family sitting nicely on a mat as Dad shares the Bible with a group of eager Mahafaly believers.  Reality is more like little boys running in all directions chasing goats and chickens, while their dad tries to focus the crowd on the Bible lesson and not on the comical scene of a white woman chasing her kids to keep them from getting run over by a cow or putting goat poop in their mouths.  Its not a pretty sight.


While I didn't get much adult talking time, it was fun to be able to visit all of the villages - even ones I have never been to before.  The villages were receptive and welcoming, and we received several chickens during the trip.  The kids had a great time.  They loved chasing chickens,  goats and sheep in the villages.  They loved swimming in the crystal clear coastal waters.  They loved seeing lemurs, chameleons, and tortoises along the remote, dirt roads.









This season of life can be really hard at times.  Its hard to put aside my own expectations and to just enjoy where we are at right now.  God is giving my boys some amazing experiences and memories right now, and if I get so caught up on these experiences not living up to my expectations then I am going to miss out on making these memories with them.  I know that this season will fly by, and I want to make the most of it!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Jude!!!

Addition - Multiplication