Saying Goodbye to Anna
Saying goodbye to Anna. Wow. I can't really put into words what it feels like to say goodbye again. I guess its just something I will get use to? Someone asked me this week if I was use to saying goodbye to people, having grown up in the military and always moving. Really, I think I was the one always leaving...not being left behind. So, no I am not use to it. And I definitely don't like it. Saying goodbye to Anna was just as painful as I expected.
I have often wondered if it is even worth it. Developing a deep friendship with someone you know will leave you after only a short season of your life. And that really is what it was...6 months! But I think back on these past 6 months, and I have no regrets. No regrets for developing a friendship with a girl who I will always cherish. God knows us so well - and He knew exactly what I needed during this time of my life. He blessed me in more ways than you can imagine through this friendship.
I was reading an article someone posted on Facebook this week. It was about the community village feel that has been lost in our generation of women and mothers. About isolation and mourning the loss of living life together as women...sharing burdens and laughter as they work and live alongside each other. But as I read the words in this article, I didn't feel sad. I felt blessed. Because God has given me relationships and a unique living situation to where I can experience that village community every day. And Anna has been a big part of that. She has lived life with me in a way that most Americans don't even experience within their own families. She has loved and cared for my kids as if they were her own. And not in a, "Oh, do you want me to babysit your kids for you this weekend?" But in a way where she walks into our house and picks up wherever I left off with them without asking what to do or how to do it. She just knows. She is the kind of friend who doesn't call to schedule a coffee date to catch up, but will spend the night and spend hours talking, laughing, and crying with me (given, she does most of the crying!). She is the kind of friend that you just click with. The kind where 6 months feels like 6 years. The kind of relationship where when its all said and done, you just know it was a special gift from God and you know your life will be forever made better because of that friend. So, yes! It was worth every tear shed over losing this girl (and there were many!). And I can't wait to see what God has in store for this amazing girl!!
I have often wondered if it is even worth it. Developing a deep friendship with someone you know will leave you after only a short season of your life. And that really is what it was...6 months! But I think back on these past 6 months, and I have no regrets. No regrets for developing a friendship with a girl who I will always cherish. God knows us so well - and He knew exactly what I needed during this time of my life. He blessed me in more ways than you can imagine through this friendship.
I was reading an article someone posted on Facebook this week. It was about the community village feel that has been lost in our generation of women and mothers. About isolation and mourning the loss of living life together as women...sharing burdens and laughter as they work and live alongside each other. But as I read the words in this article, I didn't feel sad. I felt blessed. Because God has given me relationships and a unique living situation to where I can experience that village community every day. And Anna has been a big part of that. She has lived life with me in a way that most Americans don't even experience within their own families. She has loved and cared for my kids as if they were her own. And not in a, "Oh, do you want me to babysit your kids for you this weekend?" But in a way where she walks into our house and picks up wherever I left off with them without asking what to do or how to do it. She just knows. She is the kind of friend who doesn't call to schedule a coffee date to catch up, but will spend the night and spend hours talking, laughing, and crying with me (given, she does most of the crying!). She is the kind of friend that you just click with. The kind where 6 months feels like 6 years. The kind of relationship where when its all said and done, you just know it was a special gift from God and you know your life will be forever made better because of that friend. So, yes! It was worth every tear shed over losing this girl (and there were many!). And I can't wait to see what God has in store for this amazing girl!!
![]() |
| Watching our Last Tulear Sunset Together |

Comments