Astronomy
This year, we decided to use the Apologia Astronomy curriculum for Eli. I was a little nervous about not using a more traditional science program. The idea of studying one subject for a whole year seemed like overkill. But now that we are nearing the end of the school year I have to say that I have LOVED the curriculum. It has been so much fun going deeper and deeper into a subject. Eli and I are both learning so much. Above all, it has continued to grow my faith in our truly amazing God. I am not sure how anyone could study astrology and not come to a deeper faith in our creator.
After studying comets and meteors, Eli and I decided to catch the next meteor shower. So this week we woke up at 3:45AM (!), picked up Melissa, and then headed over to Todd and Deborah's house for the best view. For the next few hours we drank hot chocolate and watched shooting stars fly across the dark night's sky (which by the way are not actually "shooting stars"). It was beautiful! If you have never seen a meteor shower, I would definitely recommend it....even if it means waking up at crazy hours. Just grab a couple of crazy friends to come along, and enjoy the wonders of God's magnificent creation!
After studying comets and meteors, Eli and I decided to catch the next meteor shower. So this week we woke up at 3:45AM (!), picked up Melissa, and then headed over to Todd and Deborah's house for the best view. For the next few hours we drank hot chocolate and watched shooting stars fly across the dark night's sky (which by the way are not actually "shooting stars"). It was beautiful! If you have never seen a meteor shower, I would definitely recommend it....even if it means waking up at crazy hours. Just grab a couple of crazy friends to come along, and enjoy the wonders of God's magnificent creation!
Comments