Prayer Request

Yesterday, Grant and Eli left for Tana for a medical trip to check up on Eli's eyes.  When Grant was getting ready to walk out the door our landlord's manager met him and shared some scary news.  He said our landlord and his family had been held at gunpoint as hostages for ransom over the weekend.  This all happened on Saturday, right across the road from our house.  As you can imagine, this wasn't great news to hear...especially with Grant leaving for the next few days.  With the criminals still on the loose, I have been extra vigilant.  I locked nearly every door in our house last night - including bedroom doors!

While I don't feel afraid, these situations always bring up those feelings of discouragement.  It is so hard to live far away from our family and friends.  Its hard to watch our kids miss out on so many special things they would have experienced if we had raised them in the US.  We wouldn't have to triple check doors or set up booby traps for possible intruders. We wouldn't have to schedule our day to day activities around elections and the possibility of violent attacks.  Sometimes I just want to be sitting with a mug of hot chocolate, in cold winter weather with my family...not here in the 100 degree heat trying to memorize my emergency phone numbers in case we get kidnapped!

Fortunately, God is always faithful to us.  He is faithful to walk alongside us.  He is faithful to encourage us and He is faithful to love us.  This morning, my Bible reading was in Romans 8.

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?  Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?  As it is written:  For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.  No, in all these things we are more than conquerers through him who loved us.  For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Pray for our safety over the next few days, but pray also for contentment in our situation.  Pray that I would glorify God with my thoughts and attitudes and I would seek joy and peace in Him alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Jude!!!

Addition - Multiplication