New Skills

One particularly fun part about being a missionary is all of the random skills you pick up.  Some are more noteworthy than others, but life never gets boring.  So far I have learned how to...

Speak another language
Diagnose and treat random illnesses
Hook up a generator in less than two minutes
Cut Hair
Eat rock filled rice without breaking a tooth
Put my truck into 4 wheel drive (Grant still has to take it out!)
Use a sewing machine
Wear a traditional wrap without it falling off every 30 seconds
Wax my wood floors with coconuts
Get a good bargain
Cook from scratch
Not scream when a rat passes by my feet
Make a movie
Drive a quad and a moped
Play LOTS of boardgames
Hail a pousse
Avoid a pousse...

The list could definitely go on and on...One helpful skill that I am learning has been through other missionaries and volunteers.  While I would have never thought I would be learning the skill of quilting in my twenties...here I am non the less.  Although I have a long ways to go before mastering this skill, I think I am starting to get the hang of it.  Thank you to all of the ladies who have taken the time (and patience) to pass this skill on to me!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Jude!!!

Addition - Multiplication