"A watched pot never boils," or so I am told. While I know this isn't accurate, some days it feels like it! While the Southbridge team was here, Bill and Michael built me two garden spaces. I was so excited to get started! Judy and I planted a variety of seeds in each of the spaces. I eagerly checked the soil each morning (afternoon, and night...) to see even the smallest hint of life. Within a few days a whole row of broccoli sprung up. A couple of days later a few cucumber and lettuce seeds sprouted. "Wow!" I thought, "This whole garden growing thing is pretty easy..." Over the next few days I watched over my garden carefully...but nothing new sprung up. And over the next few weeks, my lettuce and cucumber seedlings died. After several more weeks of waiting and watching (and nothing happening), we decided to replant some of the seeds. I currently have one little tomato plant growing and a heap full of broccoli. As for all of the other plants, I guess I will just have to wait and see. I think this gardening thing might take a little bit of experimenting here in Mada! Until then I will enjoy watching and waiting on my garden to grow!
 |
| Awesome work Bill and Michael...this area even has a wire fencing for the cucumbers to climb up on! |
 |
| Judy and I sawed these rocks ourselves! |
 |
| Garden #2! |
 |
| Judy and I with our first growing seeds! |
 |
| Praying that this is a beefsteak tomato plant and not a weed!! : ) |
 |
| Broccoli |
Comments