I can't express in words what it was like saying goodbye to Tessa. I wish that I was a grand writer who could tell you all about how special she is and how much she means to me, but I could never do our friendship justice. All I can say is that people always ask me questions about life as a missionary, about leaving America and family, experiencing a military coup...or about living in a third world country, learning a new language, or being isolated. I always try to come up with good answers, but the truth is that not many really understand what I have experienced. But God gave me a friend who has been through it all with me. She gets it. And while I am so incredibly happy for the next chapter in her journey, my heart is broken that I wont be there to experience it with her. So, for those of you who are faithful to pray for the tough things in our lives... safety, health, isolation, etc....I am asking that you pray for this transition. Because saying goodbye to this girl is much more difficult than any of those things.
 |
| At the Madagascar Embassy in D.C. Preparing for our Journey! (Sep 2008) |
 |
| We Made it to Mada (May 2009) |
 |
| Tessa Visits Us in Antsirabe During Language School (June 2009) |
 |
| Tessa Visits us in Tulear (November 2009) |
 |
| Enjoying a Mall in South Africa (January 2010) |
 |
| In the Rainforest Near Tana (August 2010) |
 |
| Tessa Joins Our Team (Team Retreat February 2011) |
 |
| Waterfall in Isalo (February 2011) |
 |
| Some of Our Youth Girls We Work With (April 2011) |
 |
| Hanging Out at the Caves (April 2011) |
 |
| Going to See Phantom of the Opera in South Africa (April 2012) |
 |
| Summer (or Winter Here!) Fun with The Sisters (July 2012) |
 |
| Visiting our Precious Friends (June 2013) |
 |
| My Best Friend (June 2013) |
 |
| Saying Goodbye at the Airport (June 2013) |
 |
| Tessa Skyping in for Team Meeting : ) (July 2013) |
Comments