School Break Fun!
Well, we have officially survived our first year of homeschooling. I learned so much about both the challenges and blessings of being a homeschool mom. This is tough stuff! And we have only just begun! I now know where my giftings are (planning lessons, teaching reading and writing...) and where I struggle (patience (!), teaching math, keeping to a routine...). I also now know Eli's strengths and weaknesses. He excels at seat work and memory skills, but can't sit still for more than 30 seconds when it comes to reading. I have also had a year of working through a few different curriculums and feel like I am getting a good grasp of how to put together a curriculum that meets Eli's personality. His first grade homeschool materials have come in and I am already filling out next years planner! : )
But until first grade begins, Eli and I have lots of fun planned for his school break. Although his break is during the winter here in Madagascar (summer in the US), it is still gorgeous weather. I am hoping to spend as much time as possible with this boy - just having fun with him. He is growing up so fast and I want to enjoy every minute I can with him!
But until first grade begins, Eli and I have lots of fun planned for his school break. Although his break is during the winter here in Madagascar (summer in the US), it is still gorgeous weather. I am hoping to spend as much time as possible with this boy - just having fun with him. He is growing up so fast and I want to enjoy every minute I can with him!
| Our School Break Fun "To Do List" |
Comments