A Family Christmas!

It has been four years since I have been together with my family. In some ways four years flew by so fast, in other ways it felt like forever. Getting together for the first time this Christmas really reminded me of how much life has changed over the past few years. I couldn't help noticing how we have all aged a little (we definitely aren't in our early 20s anymore)! And it seemed strange that the house was busy with so many new nieces and nephews whom I had never met. Everyone has changed and grown, and in some ways this feels so foreign. But then in another way, everyone is still the same. My oldest brother still cracks me up with his kindhearted sarcasm, and I am still amazed at my middle brother's endless talents. While so many things feel distant and confusing to me during this big transition in my life, being with them is like being home.
Overall, our Christmas time with our whole family was pretty great. It was a little overwhelming having 18 people staying in one house (9 kids under 8!), but it was a fun bonding experience. I loved taking the kids to the park, bowling with my big brother, and getting to play games every night (as it turns out - they dislike playing Settlers of Catan with me about as much as my SW Mada Team!). One of the best parts was getting to spend so much time with my sweet sister-in-laws. What a special time of bonding. I love those girls!
While I am sure that everyone was happy to get back home after a long vacation all together, it really was a special time and I am so grateful for this precious (though a little crazy!) family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Jude!!!

Addition - Multiplication