4 Years!!!

Wow! It is crazy to think that we have been in Madagascar for 4 years! God has done so much in us and among the peoples we work with. I am not sure exactly how I pictured life to look like now - 4 years ago - but I am pretty sure that it wasn't quite like this! God has far exceeded any expectations we could have had. Our first year we were struggling with the idea of being here alone - now our team is overflowing with nearly 24 people (on the field and on the way)! Not only are we blessed with a large team - we are blessed by some of the most amazing team members you could imagine. And I am truly not saying that because I am bias :) God has gifted this team in such unique and different ways, and despite Satan's attempts to weaken us - we have been brought closer and closer through a common passion of seeing the peoples of Southwest Mada reached for Christ. 4 years ago, I didn't know what a partnership with a stateside church was suppose to look like. All I saw was the challenges. Now, we are blessed to have a faithful partner in this massive and overwhelming task. This church has been by our side since the beginning, and has shared in our successes and failures. They share with us in vision and call. I never anticipated that working alongside a church could be so rewarding in both our ministry and our personal lives. 4 years ago I could have never anticipated what God was going to accomplish in the lives of the people He had called us to. In 4 years God has begun the transformation of 4 villages, where ancestral worship has been replaced by worship of the one true God...where traditional witch doctors in charge of their village sacrifices have turned from their ways and pronounced Jesus Christ as the only true sacrifice...where hundreds of people have turned from a life of fear to a life of hope. This is the kind of work that only God can do! What an amazing journey we have been on - and we are only just getting started!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Jude!!!

Addition - Multiplication