Road Trip
Sorry it has been so long since I posted, but we have had a lot going on! It started with a last minute decision to go up north and join the Rainforest Team in Ifanadiana with a disaster relief project after a series of cyclones devastated their surrounding area. I took the kids, Tessa, Doug, and Nathan. Grant stayed behind so that he could make another trip to the Mahafaly people. It took about 8 hours to get to Ifanadiana, and it wasn't difficult to see why they were in need of help. The road had been washed out in many spots from landslides. We were really blessed to be able to make it through! We spent the week working alongside the Norton family, helping them prepare for a BGR sponsored food distribution. This was quite a large undertaking (I think 10 tons of rice and 3 tons of beans!), but Tim Norton did a great job of preparing everything. It was a busy week, but many people were able to hear the Gospel. We are excited to hear how God uses this event to further His work there among the Tanala people.

After we finished up in the rainforest, we headed straight for Tana (another day's drive away) and met up with Grant. We then flew to South Africa for a week long meeting with our cluster (Two Oceans Cluster). It was great to see everyone at the meeting, and Eli had a blast making new friends. I have to admit that traveling to these meetings with one kiddo is A LOT easier than two! We were pretty wore out by the end of each day.


After the meeting, we went to about a million doctor appointments, restaurants, malls, and even got to see the Phantom of the Opera. Then we took a vacation with Tessa King and Tim Norton to Durban. It was about a 6 hour drive from Johannesburg and we only stayed for a few days. But it was worth it! We had a great time at the Sea World and water park there, and everyone LOVED the largest mall in southern Africa. Tessa and Tim even go to climb the largest indoor rock climbing wall in the world!



We are finally home safe and sound after nearly a month of traveling. I am happy to be in Tulear again, as I was definitely getting homesick. I am ready for life to normalize again!! ....well as normal as it can get around here!
After we finished up in the rainforest, we headed straight for Tana (another day's drive away) and met up with Grant. We then flew to South Africa for a week long meeting with our cluster (Two Oceans Cluster). It was great to see everyone at the meeting, and Eli had a blast making new friends. I have to admit that traveling to these meetings with one kiddo is A LOT easier than two! We were pretty wore out by the end of each day.
After the meeting, we went to about a million doctor appointments, restaurants, malls, and even got to see the Phantom of the Opera. Then we took a vacation with Tessa King and Tim Norton to Durban. It was about a 6 hour drive from Johannesburg and we only stayed for a few days. But it was worth it! We had a great time at the Sea World and water park there, and everyone LOVED the largest mall in southern Africa. Tessa and Tim even go to climb the largest indoor rock climbing wall in the world!
We are finally home safe and sound after nearly a month of traveling. I am happy to be in Tulear again, as I was definitely getting homesick. I am ready for life to normalize again!! ....well as normal as it can get around here!
Comments