The Fruit of the Spirit


"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control" - Galatians 5:22-23
I was excited about teaching the ladies' Bible study this fall, as my language has continued to improve - opening the door for a wider range of topics. When talking to Nickolee about the Bible study, one of her suggestions was to teach on the fruit of the Spirit. I was immediately excited about the idea! Tessa and me have worked together over the past few months, teaching the ladies at our local church about the fruit of the spirit. With each study, I feel like our time in the Word gets deeper and more relevant to our lives...and this study has been no different. While we do still struggle to get the girls to really open up, I have seen so much growth in the last few months. It has really encouraged me, and I look forward to our time together every week.
This week we took a little field trip to express the fruit of the Spirit to our community. A sweet lady in North Carolina, hand made many bags for us to use in our ministry. The girls filled up each bag with helpful items (bar soap, laundry soap, candles, evangelism tracts, etc) and went around town looking for opportunities to express love to people in need. Thank you Wilma for working so hard on such a special gift - it was a blessing to many people!!
Comments