Southbridge Volunteer Team Perspectives
A few hours ago, we said goodbye to our mission team from Southbridge Fellowship. It was an amazing trip, much better than any of us could have ever hoped for. God is so good and so incredibly faithful to answer our prayers - and this trip was no exception. We will never be able to fully measure the impact of this trip, but we already feel tremendous effects. While I plan on writing more on what God has been doing in the last few weeks, I decided to let you hear some of the team's thoughts on their trip.
Michael: It was so neat going to church in Tulear on Sunday night and realizing that our church was going on in Raleigh at that same time. Knowing there are people in Madagascar who love the Lord the same way we do, worshiping at the same time. Awesome!!
Andrew: The needs here can't really be put into words or counted. But everyone returns a smile when given one. Proverbs 23:23 says, "buy the truth and do not sell it." It really blesses me to see Grant and Jodie take ownership of the call God put on their life. I believe they have bought the truth. God is on the move in Madagascar because someone was willing to hear and obey. What an honor to be a part of what God is doing here.
Riley: The people of Madagascar have a gentle spirit and long to see change in their cities. They just need someone to show them the way and put their faith in a hope that cannot be shaken. There are many believers we have met, there are still many who have not yet heard the gospel. May God continue to bless the Wallers and others who are serving here.
Steffi: Being in Madagascar reminds me how little we really do need. The Malagasy people are very resourceful and watching them has been very humbling. My favorite part has been watching the missionaries speak fluently with the people and seeing the respect they get for their work here. God is on the move in Mada - so blessed to be a part of it.
JD: I enjoyed discipleship time with the men during the youth event. I am thankful we were able to encourage and equip them with practical, simple, daily ways to pray and read the Bible. In turn, I was encouraged by their faith and love for Christ. I was humbled by their perseverance in the face of material hardship. We Americans stand to learn great lessons from believers in places like Toliara, Madagascar. How is God going to change me? How is God going to grow my faith, change my outlook, call me to His service and draw me closer to Him through this experience? I am excited to see.
Kelly: This has been an amazing experience in so many ways. Being in Madagascar has made me realize how similar we all are as people. My favorite part was spending time out in the bush and seeing such a strong sense of community in the villages. The Lord is doing great things through Grant, Jodie, and Tessa here in SW Madagascar.
Jackie: There is not one highlight - it was ALL so great. I absolutely loved every minute with Jodie and Grant and family. But never to leave my memories will be the enormous number of children following us to church wanting a hand and a hug. It can be just that simple.
Jaime: I truly enjoyed my time in the villages around Betioky. It gave me a real snapshot of the hard life people endure and it also gave a good example of resiliency. Although it was discouraging to perceive an apparent lack of hope in the Mahafaly people at first, I now have hope for a better spiritual and physical life for them.
Bill: There are so many highlights from this trip, but for now I'll just share a few. It was very special to spend 5 straight days with the youth of Waller's church, and to really have the extended time to build relationships. I especially enjoyed the time with my guys, the awesome worship, and the encouraging faith testimonies. I was also greatly encouraged by my time with the Wallers, Tessa, and the translators. Their commitment to their call and love for their people is humbling and inspiring. Finally, I was struck by the beauty and majesty of God's creation evident throughout Madagascar. The work is large and the workers are few, but God is faithful and active and moving here!
Comments