Titus Allan Waller






We are so excited to welcome baby Titus Allan Waller to our family! He was born on June 14th at 8:25PM (1 day past his due date). He weighed 8 pounds and was 21 inches long.

The labor and delivery went great. I had an appt with my OB at 9AM and he scheduled an induction for that night. He was nervous about the size of the baby and felt that I would have a greater chance of making it without a C-section if we went ahead and induced labor. I was really nervous about this as I know that complications (and pain!) increase when you induce. Fortunately, on the way home from the hospital that morning contractions began...and we returned to the hospital by about 2PM. Sure enough I was in labor (4 cm) and the doctor was ready to start the epidural and pitocin. I told him that I wasn't in pain yet so wasn't sure I needed an epidural quite yet...but he told me that he was going to start the pitocin and I might want the epidural before the pain got a lot worse. I guess it is common practice to do pitocin here (to speed up contractions) even when you are progressing fine. So I got the epidural and they started the pitocin. I was 10 cm and ready to push by 8PM. 2 pushes (5 minutes) later Titus was here! It was a pain free (minus the IV!) and easy delivery! We are so thankful for everyone's prayers!

Titus is adorable and has been such a sweet and easy baby. He has blue eyes and dirty blond hair (with maybe a tint of red!). He is perfectly chubby and loves to cuddle. We can't get enough of him!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
All I can say is that you look entirely too good for someone who just had a baby! He's gorgeous, Jodie. Congratulations to each and every one of you. We love you and miss you.

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Jude!!!

Addition - Multiplication