We Made It!

We made it back to South Africa! I have to admit that I was starting to believe that God wanted baby Titus to be born in Madagascar. Traveling to another country with a 3 year old is tough enough, add to it being 35 weeks pregnant and it becomes a very overwhelming experience.

Our original flight was set up so that I would leave from Tulear to Tana (the capital) at 8:30AM on Saturday. After that one hour flight, I would wait at the airport and then board the 3:00PM flight to South Africa. It sounded easy enough! :) Well, after getting to the airport we found out that the flight had been delayed. Throughout the morning/afternoon they kept changing the flight departure time...earlier, then later, then earlier again. It was quite frustrating! Finally, around 12:00PM they told us that the flight would be arrive at 10:30 that night. So, we had to make hotel reservations in Tana and try to get me on the South African flight going out the next day. Unfortunately, all the flights to South Africa were booked until Tuesday. We flew to Tana that night, and didn't get into the hotel until about 1AM.

The airline put us on standby and told us to come to the airport everyday and wait until the plane took off to see if there was an available seat. So, by the time we woke up we were checking out and off to the airport again. We waited for several hours...and didn't get a seat. Back to the hotel again... The next day they had one seat open up...but since I wasn't leaving Eli at the airport it wasn't going to work! On Tuesday they had available seats, but proceeded to tell me that I would not be able to fly as I was too far along in pregnancy. It took quite a battle for them to let me on, but fortunately, in the end they allowed it. And here we are! Those 4 days were some of the most stressful days I have experienced!

I am so grateful that we made it here, and everyone has made sure that we are very comfortable and cared for. Mom made it here a few days after I did, and we are starting to settle into a routine. Now I am just counting down the days until Grant gets to join us! 13 More days! Hopefully baby Titus can hold off and won't come early. Eli was born about 3 weeks early (about one week from where I am right now). I have to admit that I am a little anxious about it all, but I know that God is in control and that I have nothing to worry about. His timing and ways are perfect, and if I become so consumed by how everything is going to play out I will miss out on the special blessings He wants me to enjoy now.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi.
Grant, Jodie and Cindy,
Glad your mom made it there in time for the new arrival. I have been wanting to get a message to you for a while, My daughter is just showing me how to do this. I guess I need some lessons.
Jodie,your Mom and Dad are our Ministers at Craig's Park in Arcadia, we all miss them during the Summer months, but glad she can be there for you.
We have been praying for the tribes you have listed on your family update. I haven't picked just one. Hope all goes well with your delivery.
I imagine your dad would love to be there as well, but someone has to hold down the fort at home.

God Bless, and let us know when the baby comes.
Peggy Wheeler

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Jude!!!

Addition - Multiplication