Lost and Found
Meet our new puppy! We have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of this little guy for about two years now, and we couldn't be more thrilled! One of the hotels that we pass through frequently when we drive through the rain forest (about 8 hours north of here), has a black lab and a chocolate lab that they breed. They are both such sweet dogs, and the owner of the hotel offered us a free puppy from the next litter. Unfortunately, each time she gave birth something came up where we were unavailable to get a puppy. About 6 months ago, they told us that they were going to have her fixed ... so there would be no more puppies. To our surprise, we got a phone call last week saying that she had had more puppies and they were ready to be picked up. They saved one chocolate colored boy for us, as we needed a week before we could make the long drive up.
Unfortunately, the day before we left they called and said that someone had taken the puppy from the hotel without permission from the owner. They did not see getting him back as a possibility. Of course, we were really disappointed (especially me). Grant sent out a prayer request to our team without me knowing. When all of these emails started pouring in, I figured out what he did. I have to admit that I was pretty embarrassed... it seems like such a silly thing to ask everyone to pray for! I couldn't believe how many emails we were getting about the puppy! I think we had more emails about him than we do with our ministry updates! :) Anyways, less than a week later we got a call saying that they had found the guy who took the puppy and he had been returned. You can bet that I was pretty grateful for Grant's email then! :) It is pretty amazing that our God cares about even the "silly" things.
Comments