Teenagers and Avocados


As we finish up our last few weeks of school, we are spending less time in the classroom and more time out among the people practicing what we have learned. We spent this morning at a small school, just north of town. We spent most of the time talking to a class of teenagers (ranging from 13-20 years old). It was great to actually understand them and be able to follow the conversation, but the girls still spent a good amount of time laughing at our mistakes.
Afterwards, the principal "treated" us to some food from her garden. We ate the largest avocados I have ever seen, with nothing on it! Michael said that he was about to go for a run, and couldn't eat anything beforehand or he would get sick. Way to get out of it Michael! Michelle and Grant were smart and ate it as fast as they could...I don't even think they chewed! Not that you can really chew an avocado....its pretty mushy. I made the mistake of thinking it would go down the best if I ate it slow....as you can see by my face, it wasn't working!! So if you ever want to eat Malagasy style, just run by your local supermarket, pick up an avocado and a spoon and go at it!!
Comments