Police and Bush Babies!


Today was our first visit to Petauke. It is much different than Lusaka. There is a main road through town, but it seems like everything else stems off of it on dirt roads. Everything is spread out and seems much more laid back. We met the officer in charge at the police station. It was a pretty uneventful visit. He was happy for our visit and was open with sharing information, but it was a challenge to understand him.

We are staying at a Baptist camp. We have a nice large tent. It is fun to be camping out with all of our close friends. It seems like we will be able to spend lots of quality time together. I am not fearful like I expected. The spiders are HUGE here, but they have stayed away from the tent. The only other animals we have encountered are bats and bush babies. I don't exactly know what the bush baby looks like-we only hear them at night. They say the kind of look like gremlens. I am hoping to see one before we leave!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Jude!!!

Addition - Multiplication