A Turbulent Flight to Madagascar
Arrival Day! Today was one of the most emotional days of my life. Saying goodbye to Mom and Dad was about how I expected. There were tears of course but my excitement for what the future held was stronger. The flight from the US to Paris was long but much better than I expected. Eli slept a lot and I enjoyed movie after movie. I figured I would sleep on the next flight. I wasn't hungry and did not eat. We were all exhausted when we got to Paris. It was midnight our time! The Pairs airport was cold (in more ways than one!) and dirty. We boarded the next plane about 4 hours later. I think panic set in at this point. I became nauseus and ill. We had to stay on the plane for about another hour before we took off. I was sick with stomach problems and the throwups! I was shaking all over. I still don't know if it was the lack of sleep, food, an illness, or sheer panic! All I know is that I wanted to go home. I couldn't help but to think I had made a mistake. At FPO we heard of families who hadn't even made it out of the airport before deciding to return home. I prayed for hours that God would give me strength. A few hours before we landed I began feeling better and when I got off the plane and smelled the fresh air I knew everything was going to be okay. ~Jodie
Comments